Sweet Chicken Recipe in Homemade, Hot and Sweet Chicken.
Ingredients for Hot and Sweet Chicken:
- Boneless Chicken cut into strips- 300 gms
(All measurements using US spoon measures)
1st Marinade :
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dark Soy Sauce- 1/4 tsp
- All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 tbsp
- Cornflour- 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Egg white- 1
- Chilled water- 3 tbsp
Hot & Sweet Sauce :
- Tomato Ketchup- 4 tbsp
- Red Chilli Sauce- 2 tbsp
- White Vinegar- 2 tsp
- Honey- 2 tsp
- Dark Soy Sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger chopped- 2 tsp
- Garlic chopped- 3 tsp
- Spring onion white, chopped – 4 tsp
- Spring onion greens, chopped for garnish- 2 tbsp
- Refined oil- 1.5 tbsp + oil for deep frying
- Water after adding sauce- 2 tbsp
- Wash and leave the chicken pieces/fillets to drain.
- Pat dry if required and cut them into 2 inch strips.
- Add the ingredients for the 1st marinade and set aside for 20mins.
- Add all the ingredients for the Hot & Sweet sauce in a small bowl and give a mix. Set aside for use later.
- Chop the ginger, garlic, spring onion white and green. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the 2nd marinade/batter to the marinated chicken and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a skillet or wok or kadai.
- Once the oil is medium hot, take battered chicken strips one at a time and drop them in oil side by side to not crowd the pan.
- Fry the chicken strips on medium heat, turning & frying the pieces for 5-6 mins till golden in colour. Take it out & repeat the same with the next batch.
- Now take a wok or kadai and add 1.5 tbsp oil.
- Keep it on high heat and add the chopped garlic. Give a stir and then add the chopped ginger. Give a stir again and then add the chopped spring onion whites. Stir fry on high heat for 30 secs and then add the hot & sweet sauce. Mix and continue to fry on high heat for another 30 secs till the sauce thickens. Add 2 tbsp water and continue to cook it on high heat for another 1 min.
- Now add the fried chicken strips, give a mix and continue to stir fry to coat the chicken strips well with the sauce. This should take around 2 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion greens. Toss it well and serve hot.