Chicken Stew Recipe in Homemade, Healthy Chicken Stew Recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken Stew:
Chicken, curry cut pieces with bones- 500 gms
- Salt-3/4 tsp
- Crushed pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Onions, fine chopped- 2 nos.
- Dried red chilli, chopped- 1 no.
- Green chillies, chopped- 2 nos.
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2 medium
- Potatoes, diced- 2 medium
- Coconut milk- 200 ml
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder- a pinch for seasoning
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Coriander chopped- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and crushed pepper. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Chop the onions, green chillies, dried red chillies, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Soak it in water to avoid darkening
- Prepare coconut milk or alternatively use store bought ready coconut milk.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan and add chopped onions.
- Fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins till yellow (just soft) in color.
- Add the chopped green chillies & red chillies, mix & fry for a minute.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste, mix & fry for around 2 mins till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, mix well & fry on medium heat for around 5 mins till the chicken pieces are browned,
- Put in the diced potatoes & chopped tomatoes and mix well. Add in 1/4 tsp salt and mix it again.
- Cover & cook on low flame for around 3 mins till the tomatoes are soft.
- Now add in the coconut milk, mix well & cover and cook on low flame for around 15 mins or till chicken is soft.
- Once chicken is tender, season with a pinch of pepper and salt if required, add lemon juice & chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and simmer for a minute or two.