Chicken Hariyali Recipe, Green Masala Chicken Gravy Recipe in Homemade.
Ingredients for Chicken Hariyali:
- Chicken, curry cut pieces- 500 gms
For 1st Marinade:
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
Green Masala Paste:
- Cashew nuts- 8
- Almonds- 8
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Black Peppercorns- 20
- Ginger, chopped- 1” piece
- Garlic- 8 cloves
- Green Chillies- 3
- Coriander Leaves- 1 cup
- Mint Leaves- 1/2 cup
For 2nd Marinade:
- Green Masala paste
- Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 5 tbsp
- Green Cardamoms- 4
- Cloves- 4
- Cinnamon- 2
- Onions, sliced & fried golden- 3 medium
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Refined Oil- 4 tbsp
- Add the 1st marinade items to the chicken and set aside for 30 mins.
- For the Green Masala paste, peel the ginger & garlic and chop the ginger & the coriander leaves. Cut the green chillies into two and take out the mint leaves.
- To make the Green Masala Paste, add all the items other than coriander and mint leaves in the grinder/blender. Grind to a coarse paste and add the herbs. Grind again to a coarse paste. Now add 4 tbsp water and blend it into a smooth paste.
- For the 2nd marinade, add whisked curd/yogurt and the green masala paste to the marinated chicken. Set aside for 60 mins in room temperature.
- Slice 3 medium sized onions and fry in oil till golden.
- Keep a handful fried onions for use later as garnish and roughly grind the rest to get about 4 tbsp of crushed fried onions.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices.
- Give a stir and when it splutters, arrange the marinated chicken pieces without the extra marinade.
- Fry on medium heat for 2 mins on one side. Flip on the other side and continue to fry on the other side for another 2 mins.
- Now mix and fry on medium heat for 1-2 mins till oil separates. Add the rest of the marinade and sear on medium heat for 3 mins. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer on low heat for 5 mins till oil separates.
- Add the crushed fried onions and Garam masala powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add 200 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins till chicken is tender and oil separates.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of fried onions.